The following are pretty close-to-actual comments made by my ex-husband before the ex part came to be….
- “I wouldn’t have to lie to you if you didn’t make me feel ashamed of everything I do.”
- “Sex is not about intimacy or emotion for me, it’s just physical.”
- “I’m sorry I wasn’t there when you woke up from surgery, I had to check on work and got stuck there for an hour. You understand, right, I mean you were under anesthesia anyways.”
- “Do I think you look pretty in that dress? Um, well, I think all women are pretty, so it’s really not an individual matter.”
- “I didn’t mean to get drunk and pee on your sister while she was sleeping, it won’t happen again.”
- “I worry about you getting hurt and me having to push you around in a wheelchair for the rest of our lives.”
- “I don’t think I was ever truly in love with you.”
- “But she’s a lesbian – it can’t be considered an emotional affair if she has a girlfriend! And I don’t even remember those emails, so it doesn’t count!”
- “I didn’t realize how unacceptable my sexual affair with my employee was because you were still willing to talk to me, so I thought it was ok.”
- “I don’t know what happened to your diamond engagement ring.”
In closing, you know what they say abut hindsight and organizing your thoughts into lists.
2 thoughts on “10 Comments That (Eventually) Led Me to Divorce”
Oh my! Well, free at last! Free at last!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Life is so much happier on the other side ☺️